Monday, December 19, 2011

Metallica 30th Anniversary Show Part 1

Hard to believe it's been 30 years since Metallica started melting faces off, but they recently had their 30th anniversary shows in San Francisco for fan club members only. Actually I've only been a fan of the band for 27 years but it feels like 30 for me too I guess. They've just released a 27-minute long recap of sorts of the 1st show of 4 and I've posted it below. I wish I could have been there, but I also wish I'd win the lottery and that ain't workin' out for me either. So I guess a video will have to do for now... but I'm hopefully there will be a DVD release of some sort.

The set included a salute to Cliff Burton's dad and appearances by Apocalyptica, Jason Newstead and Biff Byford (Saxon!!!!). They played 21 songs including the previously unreleased track "Hate Train" off the Death Magnetic sessions. So watch this, I insist! I've posted the full setlist I found for it below the vid.



Setlist:

01. The Call Of Ktulu
02. No Remorse
03. The Shortest Straw
04. Leper Messiah
05. The Day That Never Comes
06. Carpe Diem Baby (first time performed live)
07. Hate Train (previously unreleased song from "Death Magnetic" sessions)
08. Please Don't Judas Me (acoustic; NAZARETH cover)
09. Wherever I May Roam (with fan-club member John Dent)
10. Sad But True (with John Marshall)
11. (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth (impromptu jam by Robert Trujillo)
12. No Leaf Clover (with APOCALYPTICA)
13. One (with APOCALYPTICA)
14. Harvester Of Sorrow (with Jason Newsted)
15. Damage, Inc. (with Jason Newsted)
16. Motorcycle Man (with Biff Byford)
17. The Prince (with Sean Harris, Brian Tatler)
18. It's Electric (with Sean Harris, Brian Tatler)
19. Helpess (with Sean Harris, Brian Tatler)
20. Am I Evil? (with Sean Harris, Brian Tatler)
21. Seek & Destroy (with everyone)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...