Friday, December 2, 2011

Favorite Van Halen Tracks

There's been a lot of talk about Van Halen lately, as they or their publicists are probably jerking someone's chain around and getting in the news. I loved them once upon a time, but the way they keep their fans in the dark is just amazing to me. In this modern era of the Internet and social media can they not have 1 person in their camp fill us in on what's happening with them? Embrace the technology! Embrace your fans!

But anyway, Rolling Stone asked their readers their favorite 10 Van Halen songs, and here are the results:

01. Unchained
02. Panama
03. Hot For Teacher
04. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
05. Jump
06. Runnin' With The Devil
07. Mean Street
08. Eruption
09. Right Now
10. Dreams

Kind of weird having both Sammy Hagar tracks and David Lee Roth tracks on there, but hey what the hell. I love all of those songs but wouldn't have Jump or Eruption on my list. Jump isn't that good of a song, despite it's success, and Eruption is more of just a guitar solo to me (an awesome one, but I like vocals). So just because I want to, here's my top 10 DLR and top 10 Sammy songs:

01. Unchained
02. Panama
03. Jamie's Cryin'
04. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
05. Everybody Wants Some
06. Hot For Teacher
07. Runnin' With The Devil
08. Mean Street
09. Dance The Night Away
10. So This Is Love?

So there. Took out Eruption and Jump and added the awesome Jamie's Cryin, Everybody Wants Some, Dance the Night Away and So This Is Love?.... and yes I have nothing on the list from Diver Down and only 1 track from 1984. DLR-Halen did 4 great albums in my opinion.

Now let's get to Sammy-era, which a lot of people don't care for but I loved almost as much as DLR era and in fact most of this top 10 would challenge for spots on my DLR top 10.

01. Right Now
02. Poundcake
03. Runaround
04. Cabo Wabo
05. Finish What Ya Started
06. Dreams
07. Source of Infection
08. Black and Blue
09. Top of the World
10. (Don't Tell Me) What Love Can Do

Plenty of great tracks there as well, it's just a totally different band during that era. I wish they'd have changed the name really.

And let's just forget the whole Gary Cherone era shall we? I can't even do a top 3 of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...