Thursday, January 5, 2012

2011... The Year In Music

Well old man 2011, it appears as though you've come and gone. But you left some scars, and possibly tinkle on the seat. But it sure seems to me that any year where we get new music from the likes of Anthrax, Machine Head, Motorhead, Trivium and Megadeth is definitely a rockin' year. But there was more. Oh so much more. Put on your big girl panties and let's get dirty.

Note... these are my favorites, not necessarily the best, so save your bitching and troll away. But I'd love to hear yours.

Favorite Concerts... wow what another great year. I don't think I can list these. I saw Motorhead finally and Foo Fighters at last, so that's awesome. I also saw Keith Urban twice, Kenny Chesney once and Jake Owen 3 times on the country side. Add shows by Hurt (unplugged), Apocalyptica in New Orleans, Head (from Korn), The Sword, Billy Currington, Adelitas Way, Uncle Kracker, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Sevendust, Seven Day Sonnet, Journey, Foreigner and Night Ranger. And more. Another great year.

Top 25 Releases in 2011 (CDs? Albums? Digital Albums? Whatever)

25. Eddie Veder - Ukulele Songs
24. Iced Earth - Dystopia
23. Five Finger Death Punch - American Capitalist
22. Limp Bizkit- Gold Cobra (sue me, I like this)
21. Maylene And The Sons of Disaster - IV
20. Motorhead - The World is Yours
19. Southern Train Gypsy - Hallelujah in the Fire
18. Sebastian Bach - Kicking and Screaming
17. Tesla - Twisted Wires
16. Revoker - Revenge For the Ruthless
15. Black Stone Cherry - Between The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea
14. Anthrax - Worship Music
13. Journey - Eclipse
12. Korn - The Path of Totality
11. Pop Evil - War of Angels
10. Megadeth - Th1rt3en
9. Rev Theory - Justice
8. Seether - Holding on to Strings Better Left To Fray
7. Chevelle - Hats Off To The Bull
6. Chickenfoot - III
5. Foo Fighters - Wasting Light
4. Machine Head - Unto The Locust
3. Sixx A.M. - This is Gonna Hurt
2. Staind - s/t
1. Trivium - In Waves

Favorite Live CDs

* Jonathan Davis and the SFA - Alone I Play
* Slash - Made in Stoke 24/7/11

Best Comedy Album That Still Rocks: Steel Panther - Balls Out

Best CD Cover: Supagroup - Hail Hail (ode to the classic Heavy Metal soundtrack! See at right...)

Best Blues Release: Kenny Wayne Shepherd - How I Go

11 Favorite Rock Tracks

11. Korn - Get Up (w/Skrillex)
10. Black Stone Cherry - Blame It On The Boom Boom
9. Breaking Benjamin - Blow Me Away (w/Valora)
8. Valora - I Waited For You
7. Emphatic - Get Paid
6. Trivium - In Waves
5. Stain - Not Again
4. Machine Head - I Am Hell (Sonata in C#)
3. Butch Walker - Summer of '89
2. Sixx A.M. - Lies of the Beautiful People
1. Seether - Tonight

11 Favorite Country Tracks

11. Eli Young Band - Crazy Girl
10. Aaron Lewis - Country Boy
9. Brantley Gilbert - Country Must Be Country Wide
8. Dierks Bentley - Am I The Only One
7. Chris Young - Tomorrow
6. Blake Shelton - Honey Bee
5. Jake Owen - Barefoot Bluejean Night (unofficial song of Summer boating)
4. Eric Church - Drink In My Hand
3. Kevin Fowler - Hell Yeah I Like Beer
2. Rodney Atkins - Take A Back Road
1. Toby Keith - Red Solo Cup (good lord this is catchy)

Favorite Rap Tracks

* Royce da 5'9" - Writer's Block (w/Eminem)
* Travis Barker - Can A Drummer Get Some
* Wiz Khalifa - Roll Up
* Yelawolf - Let's Roll (w/Kid Rock)
* Nelly - The Champ
* Bad Meets Evil - Fast Lane
* Asher Roth - Last Man Standing

Worst Piece of Crap Ever

* Lou Reed & Metallica - LuLu (although, Metallica released 4 tracks from the Death Magnetic sessions that I think kick ass, so they're off the hook. And truth be told, I have the track The View from LuLu and while it's bizarre... it sort of grew on me enough to where I don't throw up when it plays anymore.)

I am the table!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...