Thursday, June 23, 2011

I'm Fine With The Bieb, So What?

I guess I just don't get all the Justin Bieber hate. I mean the kid has a nice clean cut image and makes catchy little clean pop songs for the kids. I don't have any of his songs on my iPod, but I'm not his target market so I'm not supposed to be all enchanted with him, right? So why are so many people, adults that is, ripping on the kid all the time? There's so much on the Internet about him being a girl or gay or whatever. I just don't get it. Live and let live. This kid is getting filthy rich and having fun so I say good for him and good for the kids that dig him. Frankly I don't want kids listening to some of the crap I like, it's for big boys. So his music isn't my cup of tea, but my music isn't most people's cup of tea either. Still, the song he did with Rascal Flatts (see video below) is better than most of the crap they play on pop radio nowadays, and adults listen to most of that garbage.

So anyway, I finally saw the kid on Saturday Night Live a few months ago and thought he had nice charisma and seemed like a funny little guy while even poking some fun at himself. Good for him. He also dropped by the Ed Sullivan theater last night to help with David Letterman's Top 10 list on 'Late Show'. The topic was Top 10 Little Kown Facts about Justin Bieber, and the Bieb clearly had a blast pokin fun at his image. Kudos kid! Let the haters hate and keep doing your thing.

10. My new fragrance "Someday" also makes a delicious low-calorie salad dressing
9. I served 8 months in prison for siphoning gas
8. The first thing I bought when I hit it big was a four-slice toaster
7. As hard as I've tried, I don't know how to not be adorable
6. "Justin Bieber"'s my secret identity, I'm really Green Lantern
5. I'm not really a big fan of Kevin James (goes to shot of Kevin James making a sad face in the green room)
4. I begged my publicist to get me out of this
3. Last week I accidentally waited in line for two hours for my own autograph
2. My mom had to remind me that he's not Larry King
1. It's a hairpiece (tugs his hair)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...