Saturday, July 30, 2011

Top of the Weekend

I'm heading down to Jackson, MS today for the big 2nd annual Top of the Hops beer festival and I'm quite stoked about it. They have a lot of good breweries on hand and I'm holdin' a VIP ticket to get in the event an hour early and it also gives me access to a few special beers plus some extra food. And you know I need extra food and special beers.

Atlanta Brewing Company, Abita, Bayou Teche, Lazy Magnolia, Diamond Bear, Mendocino, Tommyknocker, Tallgrass, Shipyard, Stephens Point, Widmer, Yazoo.... all of these and more will be on hand to make my day a fuzzy one. And if that's not enough, check out the giveaway. One lucky winner (moi!) will be taking this table full home:



Um... yeah. I need that big pile of beer to complete me. It's even called the "Mound of Love". If I win I'm going to surround myself with them in my hotel bed when I sleep.

I'll try to take a few pics and so forth as I attempt to taste every brew in the building. There are also beer seminars, food pairings and live music.

And yes, I have the phone number of a taxi company in Jackson already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...